If you’re reading this, you’re probably interested in a solution that helps you centralize your documentation, onboard new team members, and train your team.
Instead of just selling you on Whale, we want to take this space to give an honest breakdown of when it makes sense to buy Whale — and when it doesn’t.
Acting with integrity is one of our values, but we don’t stick it on the wall.
We honestly believe that the majority of scaling organizations between the size of 10 and 500 who want to scale their teams and business, WITHOUT the chaos, will see a major impact from using Whale.
BUT we don’t want to try and sell you a solution that isn’t going to work for you!
Our goal for this guide is to let you accurately gauge whether Whale is the right fit for you and whether it’s the right season for you.
We’ll spare you the pitch song and dance.
Here are 6 reasons why you should NOT buy Whale
- You’re in the very early stages of scaling and don’t have processes
- You’re a 2-(wo)man or 3-(wo)man team. Call us in a month or two.
- You’re not going to use it to train your teams. If you’re not going to use Whale then it’s going to provide little value in your organization.
- You’re going to put all your documentation in Whale and then not share it. The more knowledge you share with your teams, the more effective you’re going to be.
- You’re happy with the way you and your team do things and everything is running smoothly. Until it doesn’t. It may be worth us having a chat.
- You’re going to buy it and then never log in. See point 4 🙄
Okay, so you don’t fall into the above categories. Now what?
You definitely ARE interested in Whale BUT…
1. You don’t have time
We hear this all the time. And to be honest, we get it! We’re a scaling team and there are always a million things to be done BUT at some point you have to decide what activities create exponential growth and impact.
It’s for this reason that we decided to run on the EOS Framework. It was important that we focused on the right activities, done by the right people at the right time.
It’s ALSO for this VERY reason that we’re so obsessed with process. Processes are ALL about maximizing time and efficiency.
Still worried you won’t have time to get your processes done?
We put together a 14-Day Process Challenge to help teams document their processes in JUST 14 days!
- Tired of chaos
- Have a high staff turnover
- You’re losing precious time
- There’s no consistency in your business
- And you want to get your processes D-O-N-E fast,
Then the 14-Day Process Challenge is for you!
2. Your field workers don’t have laptops or computers
Let’s face it; there’s a BIG difference between trying to train a team in the office versus field workers who are often spread across a variety of locations.
Field workers often don’t have access to laptops or computers during their site visits for good reason!
Most field workers utilize their mobile phones or tablets to complete their tasks.
With Whale, you can share knowledge with off-site team members and field workers using a simple QR code.
3. You’re concerned about support and the time zone difference
How on earth could some little team in Belgium possibly support my operations in the US? Where even is Belgium?
Belgium is a beautiful little country in Western Europe, known for medieval towns, Renaissance architecture and as the headquarters of the European Union and NATO.
What’s more important than our famous waffles, however is the fact that G2 voted Whale tops for customer service 🎉
We’re absolutely THRILLED to have been awarded the number one position in not one but three categories on G2.
This includes being rated:
#1🏆 for Ease of Setup
#1🏆 for Quality of Support
#1🏆 for Ease of Use
AND BEST estimated ROI! (okay so that’s four)
4. There’s no point in doing it now because everything is running smoothly
Isn’t it great when things are going well in a business? It seems like things are flowing, customers are happy and everyone in the team is getting along.
The problem is that this doesn’t last long simply because a business doesn’t work that way. Scaling is a dynamic environment with challenges that arise at each step of the journey.
Does that mean you have to adapt for each phase of the journey? YES!
Does that mean you just forget about documenting processes? NO!
It’s all about building competitive advantage through incremental and continuous improvement. The very BEST way to do this is through documenting and updating your company SOPS and process documentation on a consistent basis.
5. You’re afraid of messing up or what if it doesn’t work out
There’s a reason people generally tend to make 100% sure before getting married. It’s daunting embarking on a new journey with a new partner.
There are just so many WHAT IF’S!
- What if it doesn’t work out?
- What if they let you down?
- What if they don’t deliver?
- What if you can’t deliver?
We know it can be scary to start a journey with a partner so we make sure;
- You can drive before you buy
- The solution meets your needs and use case
- And that we have a customer onboarding solution that is second to none
Ready to unlock the next level of growth for your business?
We've got you covered
1. Test before you buy
We don’t want new customers to sign up with us unless they feel assured. It’s for this reason that we offer a free trial. We want you and your teams to test drive before you buy.
2. The solution meets your needs and use case
We have personalized scoping sessions with each of our customers to assess the ability of Whale to meet their unique criteria.
3. We have a customer onboarding solution that is second to none
We do not let customers slip through the cracks. The way we see it is that it’s our job to make you and your team successful.
Our customer success team, in undoubtedly the best. And we’re not just saying that!
Our Head of Customer Success Stino was even nominated Most Creative CS Leader 2023 by CS Insider.
We know that as entrepreneurs, the bottom line is where it’s at. There’s no point in implementing a solution that isn’t going to impact the bottom line.
We don’t do it in our business and we wouldn’t expect you to do it in yours.
But what is the specific value and ROI of using Whale?
Whilst Whale solves a number of challenges within a business we tend to look at two main value contributors for our customers;
- The time cost of onboarding new team members and
- The amount of money lost by the business when team members have to look for information
Want to calculate exactly how much time and money you could be leaving on the table without Whale? Use our ROI Calculator.